Thousands of children are affected by albinism in Uganda, and almost all of them struggle to survive and thrive, facing significant, even life-threatening discrimination at times. Calvary Church is partnering with Every Child Ministries, which has already began making inroads into communities where education about albinism and meeting the practical needs of families can make a real difference.
ECM reports that communities where they work are shocked that anyone is doing anything for these kids, and the albino families can't quite believe that someone has actually come to provide assistance for them. By living out the gospel of Jesus in a world that is shocked by it, ECM provides hope, practical help, and dignity to African children and their families.
OUR PARTNERSHIP WITH ECM PROVIDES
- Education for children with albinism enrolled in ECM projects
- Bible instruction and discipleship
- Skills training for older children
- Skills training (sustainability) for parents
- Assistance with emergency physical needs
- Sunblock lotion, lip balm, hats, and sunglasses as needed
- “Understanding Albinism” training in schools and churches
- Community awareness training via radio programs and other promotional methods
PRAYER REQUESTS FROM ECM
That communities would understand the truth about albinism, and would be willing to lovingly embrace these children and welcome them into their community
That the children with albinism would feel the love of God in tangible ways
That the children with albinism would be able to attend school